- What is the legal advice line?
Affinity Resolutions have agreed with your membership organisation to provide a free legal “sign posting” service to members who register for the service. Members can speak to one of our advisors for assistance with a legal matter. The advisor will give general advice and guide the member to where they can obtain further assistance.
- Who can use the advice line?
The service is free to anyone who is a member of your organisation once they have completed a registration form.
- Why do I need to register?
Registration means we can restrict the use of the advice line and receipt of the newsletter to members of the organisations we work with.
- During what times can I call the advice line?
The service is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays.
- Who runs the advice line?
The service is operated by Affinity Resolutions.
- What happens if I cannot get through on the phone?
During busy periods we cannot always answer the phone, so please leave a message and one of our advisors will call you back either the same working day or the following working day.
- Can I contact the advice line by email?
We are happy to receive queries by email. If you send us an email, we will either reply by email or arrange to call you back at a convenient time, usually the following business day, so please include your phone number when emailing.
- What sort of problems will the advice cover?
We can provide advice on most legal topics. We do not however take on cases ourselves, but can provide contact details of solicitors who would be able to do so.
- Will the details of my query be shared with my membership organisation?
- Can I give the number to a family member or my neighbour?
The service is a special benefit negotiated through your organisation and forms part of your membership. The service is not available to those who are not a member.
- Will I ever be asked to pay for the service?
The legal advice line is free to members. If you later instruct a solicitor, then you will need to discuss with the solicitor what costs and fees will be payable.
- Can I use the service more than once?
The service is available to all members who have registered and can be used more than once.
- How will the e-newsletter be sent to me?
The e-newsletter will be sent to you 4 times a year to your email address.
- What is included in the e-newsletter?
There will be hot legal topics on subjects we are regularly being asked about by members and exciting offers from some of your organisations membership benefit providers.
- Can I unsubscribe from the advice line and e-newsletter?
If you wish to unsubscribe from the advice line and e-newsletter you can do so at any time by emailing [email protected] and giving your name and registration number or by using the unsubscribe button which is in each e-newsletter. If you unsubscribe you will no longer be able to use the advice line or receive the e-newsletter.